Tuesday, April 8, 2014
Southern California's favorite music festival returns this weekend. Do you have your Coachella outfits ready? The Santee Alley is stocked up with music festival-appropriate fashions, from lace tops to jumpers, crop tops and cutoff shorts. We've rounded up some of our favorite Coachella fashion finds, all of which can be purchased at Vickie's Fashion located at 1136-B S. Santee St. Check them out below!
Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Three's For Me will be raffling a princess dress Sunday, April 27 to help one of their employees raise money for the upcoming Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Santa Barbara. Tickets for the raffle are $5 and all proceeds will go to the Avon Foundation Breast Cancer Crusade to help provide access to care for those who most need it, fund educational programs, and accelerate research into new treatments and potential cures.
Tickets can be purchased at Three's for Me located at 1055 Maple Ave. inside the alley. The winner will get to choose the dress style and size. You can also donate online here.
Friday, March 28, 2014
It's seems like almost week there's a new pair of amazing shoes in the alley, but we were pleasantly surprised to find that women's shoe stores are expanding their shoe selection for girls. The alley has an incredibly selection of women's and men's footwear as well as kids, but the young girls and tweens sizes had been a bit limited, until now that is.
Forever Shoes has an entire new area within the store dedicated to girls shoes sizes 9-4. As you can see in photos above they range from boots to sandals and everything in between. The shoes are stylish and age appropriate, and most styles are available in various colors.
1031 Maple Ave. inside Santee Alley
|How cute are these combat boots?|
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
With the official arrival of spring a few days ago, it's officially time to update our shoe game for warmer weather. This season seams to be all about edgy footwear, cut outs, and caged bootie/sandal styles.
What exactly do we mean by caged booties and/or sandals? See exhibit A below...
Combat boots are still going strong, but the DocMarten's inspired lace up ankle boots we're seeing int he alley come in spring-perfect colors like sky blue, fuscia, white and our personal favorite, the floral print.
And how fierce are those wedges? While the wedge is a spring classic, this style again puts emphasis on the "edgy" look. We've seen a lot of shoe styles with gold detailing and hardware, including the booties below. Notice how these fall in line with "cutouts" trend we mentioned above.
Which one is your favorite?
All of the shoes pictured in this post are available at Forever Fashion located at 1031 Maple Ave. inside the alley. For purchase or product inquiries please contact the store directly at 213-746-6336.
Friday, March 21, 2014
|Images via SJP Collection Instagram|
While promoting her new show line, Sex and the City star Sarah Jessica Parker has been spotted wearing floral prints in black, red, and pinks, and look what we found in the alley! This super cute cardigan is in almost an identical print to SJP's. We love that it's a super versatile piece and can be worn open or closed and belted.
The cardigan is available at Vickie's Fashion located at 1136-B Santee St. For purchase inquiries please contact the store directly at 213-745-4336 or email@example.com
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
We'll be the first to admit the first time you visit Santee Alley can be a little overwhelming. The sights, the sounds, the delicious food smells... not to mention all there is to see. Whether you're visiting for the day or just a couple hours here's our 5 "Must Do's" while visiting the alley.
- Start shopping at either the Olympic Boulevard or 12th Street entrance, between Santee Street and Maple Avenue. We find that having a start and end point assures you'll see the entire alley and keeps you from getting lost. Santee Alley is only 2 blocks, but there's tons of stores in the surrounding area, and it branches out into other alleyways. You can download a map here for reference.
- Grab lunch at The Alley Dog. A long time staple of the area, Alley Dog has the best bacon wrapped hot dogs in town. Their "bionicos" are also a local favorite.
- Peruse the $1 jewelry store and booths (you'll see these randomly set up throughout the alley). They don't look like much at a glance, but many a treasures are bound to be found here.
- Check out the shoe stores. The alley is known for its unique shoe selection. You'll find shoes here that are unlike anything you'll see at your local mall. Even if intricately designed 5-inch stilettos are not your style, they are still worth checking out if only to appreciate the "artwork".
- Spend $5. Sunglasses and phone cases are both $5 here and they range from cute to crazy - phone cases and sunglasses alike.
Friday, March 14, 2014
1136-B Santee St.
For purchase or pricing inquiries please contact 213-745-4336 or firstname.lastname@example.org